NOW IN PAPERBACK FROM SCHOLASTIC CLUB
The Secret Message is in the reading anthology taught in 4th grades across USA in schools which use McGraw Hill textbooks.
All day the bird sang of longing. But the merchant would not let him go…
Alone, imprisoned in a golden cage, and far from the jungles of home, a parrot longs for freedom. Will he ever escape?
Based on an ancient Persian poem, this is a story of surprising cleverness, powerful solidarity, exotic travels, and a simple wish fulfilled. This enchanting tale, told with subtle humor and vibrant images, is a perfect introduction to the culture, literature, and history of the Middle East.
After the first suspenseful reading, children should clamor for repeats.
This handsome picture book’s intriguing title will grab children, and they won’t be disappointed with the twists in both story and message. Both the richly detailed scenes and story reversals will draw a young audience.
A great choice for adults interested in discussing philosophical issues and/or exploring diverse cultures with young listeners. Unusual and thought-provoking.
- KPBS One Book One San Diego Choice – With support from Dr. Seuss Foundation: 2012
- California Collection Book: 2010-2011
- Gold seal recipient from Oppenheim Toy and Book Awards: 2010
- Taught in fourth grades across the USA through McGraw Hill textbooks.
- Translated into Chinese and Japanese.